This tool can be used to convert one YUV/RGB/BMP file to another. The converting source and destination files can be any valid YUV format, or RGB 4:4:4 format, or a sequence of BMP files.
From the main menu, choose “YUVConverter”, then select “Convert”, or click on from toolbar, a dialog will pop up. There are four sections inside this dialog:
- Load Original File: Click on “Browse” to pick a YUV file, and a YUV format dialog will help you to select a right YUV format. Refer to YUV / RGB format selection.
- Convert to File: Click on “Browse” to pick a YUV file, and a YUV format dialog will help you to select a right YUV format. Refer to YUV / RGB format selection.
- Controls: After you load a YUV file with correct YUV format, the first frame will be displayed. Then you can:
- Click on button “Start” to start the converting, the converted images will be displayed frame by frame.
- Click on button “Pause” to pause the converting
- Click on button “Stop” to Stop the converting
- Click on button “Exit” to exit the dialog.
- Status: Current frame number will be displayed to show where you are.
One special case is to convert a sequence of BMP files into a YUV file. When you select original files), if you select a file with *.bmp as extension, a BMP loader dialog will pop, to help you select more BMP files. You can click on button “Add BMP files…” to add more BMP files into the list. You can select multiple files from the Open file dialog, by press “Ctrl” key on your keyboard while you click mouse to select, or press “Shift” key when clicking on two files, all the files between those files are also selected.
You can also change the BMP files order by moving one selected file up/down by press button “Move selected file up” or “Move selected file down”, or repeat one selected file, or delete one selected file from the list (the actual file on the disk is not deleted).
All selected BMP files have to be the same size and have to be 24 bits color. If not, an error message will pop up to warn you. The limit of the file number is 10240.